Enime Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tomato
Hokage
Hokage
Tomato

Male Number of posts : 1188
Registration date : 2006-05-31

Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X) Empty
PostSubject: Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X)   Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X) Empty18/07/06, 12:07 pm

Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X) Kenshin01cd1

Title: Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X)
Total Episodes: 95 Episode
Genres: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Historical
Age Rating: 18 (May contain extreme graphic violence)
Year Published: 1996

Synopsis:
Kenshin Himura is a wandering samurai with a dark past... for he is also the man known as Battousai the Manslayer. Having annihilated countless people, his sword skills are second to none. His name alone is enough to strike fear into the hearts of citizens who've heard of his legendary abilities. But Kenshin is determined never to kill again, and he now uses his sword to protect people instead. As he roams Japan, he comes across the passionate Kendo instructor Kaoru Kamiya. Kaoru is immediately attracted to the wanderer, and Kenshin decides to stay for a bit to help Kaoru rebuild her father's dojo. But there are still elements beyond his control that threaten to pull him back to his blood-stained past. Can Kenshin truly leave it all behind for a peaceful and normal life?

Review:
Rurouni Kenshin is a truly excellent series. What makes it stand out from other samurai, ninja, or action series is the fact that Rurouni Kenshin is firmly rooted on a highly memorable succession of events that make up its plot. There's always a good reason why any form of violence takes place. Sometimes it's political, other times it's just personal.

The action is extremely detailed. The different sword and martial arts techniques are given a lot of emphasis and are explained very well. Rurouni Kenshin creator Nobuhiro Watsuki really knows his stuff and he dazzles the audience with this knowledge. Characterization is superb. Kenshin Himura is one of the best characters I've encountered. He's wise beyond his years, and yet at the same time he's a fun and funny guy. Kenshin's sword skills are mesmerizing to behold. I'm not really into action but I love watching him fight! His humility and down-to-earth personality also make him a very likeable hero. The supporting characters and villains are just as well-developed. Virtually everyone has their own in-depth history, which in turn explains their motives and actions. The series is actually propelled more by the characters rather than the plot. Rurouni Kenshin has its fair share of light and comical moments as well.

The art and animation are very good and quite consistent in quality. The soundtrack is also worth checking out. Rurouni Kenshin is definitely one of the best anime series out there.

8.5 out of 10
applause

Last edited by on 25/07/06, 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://enimeboard.forumotion.com
BigO
Chūnin
Chūnin
BigO

Male Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2006-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X)   Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X) Empty18/07/06, 02:46 pm

Total 95 episode, That is too long......Heard is a very good anime from friends already finish. But i'm personally hate those draggy series. pray Hope this one is difference.
Back to top Go down
mini
Oinin
Oinin
mini

Female Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2006-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X)   Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X) Empty19/07/06, 01:43 pm

BigO wrote:
Total 95 episode, That is too long......Heard is a very good anime from friends already finish. But i'm personally hate those draggy series. pray Hope this one is difference.

Pray 4 u pray pray pray
Back to top Go down
BigO
Chūnin
Chūnin
BigO

PostSubject: Re: Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X)   Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X) Empty19/07/06, 07:18 pm

mini wrote:
BigO wrote:

Pray 4 u pray pray pray

Thanks doublethum , I'll try watch the anime soon.
Back to top Go down
Tomato
Hokage
Hokage
Tomato

Male Number of posts : 1188
Registration date : 2006-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X)   Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X) Empty24/07/06, 01:27 pm

You cannt stop after u watch few episode.

Battousai... cheers
Back to top Go down
BigO
Chūnin
Chūnin
BigO

PostSubject: Re: Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X)   Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X) Empty24/07/06, 03:41 pm

i'm watching now.....good anime, recommend to everyone!!!
i like the ideas of reverse blade sword. vCool
if you have not watch Rurouni Kenshin yet, don't wait anymore....
Back to top Go down
BigO
Chūnin
Chūnin
BigO

PostSubject: Re: Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X)   Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X) Empty24/07/06, 03:43 pm

mini wrote:
BigO wrote:

Pray 4 u pray pray pray

You should watch it too.
Back to top Go down
Askme
Genin
Genin
Askme

Female Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2006-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X)   Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X) Empty24/07/06, 03:52 pm

Thanks for your recommendations... applause
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X)   Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X) Empty

Back to top Go down

Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X)
Page 1 of 1